The truth is...I've missed blogging. Actually, I've missed blogging a lot.
So much has happened since I last wrote that sometimes it just feels easier to skip it all together. I find myself asking, "How do I give context?"
But the truth is? I started this blog with no context for any of you...especially those who happened to find me somewhere along the way.
So, since we're on this subject, here are many of my truths:
1. I hate dating. Okay, this you probably already knew. But it feels a bit cathartic to actually write it.
2. I want a baby. Badly. Not like I'm going to go all "Raising Arizona" on some unsuspecting family but bad enough that I am seriously considering sperm donors. Wow. That also feels cathartic to write that. Out loud. Ish.
3. I've been in my new house for a year. One year and I'm still wondering if I did the right thing by breaking up with Joe. Because sometimes, I get lonely. And while I know firsthand that just because you're "with" someone doesn't mean that you don't ever feel lonely, it still sometimes eats at me. Because sometimes it's hard to forget the comfort and consistency that I found in his friendship.
4. I've gained back every ounce of weight I've ever lost. And wow if that doesn't tend to fuck with your confidence regarding my first point. The thing is? As I get older, I'm starting to realize that guys mind a lot less than they ever have before. Unless you count my dad. Nothing's changed there...he's still a dick to women who are over 100 pounds.
5. I love my job. I mean, I LURRRVE my job. For the record, I switched companies in April and I now work for a company that a certain sitcom likes to call Kabletown. Some days, I can't believe that they're paying me as well as they do to have as much fun as I have. I work in a supportive environment - one where I'm rewarded, praised, challenged, and accepted. Also, I get free cable. So yeah, I love this company.
6. My first "real" boyfriend found me on FaceBook and friended me. That happened about a month ago. It's still weird. And I wonder if he's checked out my pictures, my posts, and anything about me. Don't get me wrong, I don't wonder this because there is any love for him still; he seems to be happily married and that's great. I think I feel weird because I was completely heartbroken when we broke up...and I was the one that dumped him. I just changed my mind about a day later and was an absolute mess and he knew it. I'd like to think that almost 20 years later, he's forgotten about it...but it's still kind of weird.
7. I love HBO's "The Newsroom." They just finished showing their first season and it's no longer on Video On Demand. But I love it. A lot. And I want to recommend it to anyone. It's by Aaron Sorkin - the guy who brought you "The West Wing," "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip," and "The American President." So yes, it's liberalish. But it's also fast paced, witty, and absolutely delightful.
8. I have adopted two orange tabby cats in January. They're brothers. Their names? Oliver and Fat Gordon. And sometimes? I can't tell them apart.
9. I have listened to "El Camino" by Amos Lee several times as I have been writing. His voice feels like it's snowing outside and I'm inside, bundled under covers, in a favorite sweatshirt and fun pants, sipping hot cocoa. Listening to his music is like being hugged...only with less groping. Probably.
10. I can't think of a tenth thing.
Until next time...
2 days ago